COVID-19 : How can ‘Work from Home’ be implemented?
SAFETY FIRST : Measures should be taken to prevent spreading COVID-19 : Work from Home policy should be adopted as Safety of Staff, Articles and family members is our Prime Responsibility.
Few things that can be done:
- Communication to Clients: Make clear communication to the client about why work from home and whom they can contact for specific queries. Area-wise contact persons with numbers can be circulated to the clients in advance.
- Identify the files that may be required and uploading of important files on cloud by using Google drive, dropbox or other facilities
- Allocation of work responsibilities: The list of pending task is to be made and than each person to be allocated his role with clear expectations
- Work can be done effectively by use of technology at maximum
- Video meeting
- Zoom, Zoho Meeting, Whatsapp, Skypes
- Collaborative approachby use of
- AnyDesk, Team Viewer, Zoho Meeting
- Video meeting
- Review mechanism: Set up the hierarchy so that the work of each person can been monitored on daily basis. The progress of work can be measured effectively vide software or excel spreadsheets
- Timesheet: All staff/articles can be instructed to fill daily timesheet so that the performance can be tracked and necessary actions can be taken if required.
- Majority of work is right now handled through phone and emails
- Planning of desktop based work at office can be done with minimal (limited) number of persons visit need based office visit.
- Avoid client visit : if required get Tally data or remote access of data
- No Compliance timelines till next 2 weeks and based on the situation it might be extended
My humble request to all professionals to sincerely put your best efforts to implement ‘Work from Home’ policy and resolution to have minimum interaction.
Requesting your co-operation and support in preventing the spreading of Covid-19.
Stay Safe and Strong!